Duthie doubles up with back to back wins

first_imgMonday’s A & B Flight winners: Fred Land & Tony Duthie.In the B flight the scores were not so flattering where (Steady Eddie) Tony Duthie just managed to sneak home in first place with 32 points. There was a three-way count-back for the other two places where the unfortunate Alex Millbourn lost out.Near pins went to Fred Land, Richard Hurley, Alex Millbourn and Billy Vickers.A Flight1st Fred Land (16) 40pts2nd Shaun Tracey (15) 37pts3rd Ning Neal (15) 35ptsB Flight1st Tony Duthie (20) 32pts2nd Brian Neal (20) 31pts3rd Ken Meek (21) 31ptsThursday, July 21, Bangpakong – StablefordEvery once in a while it’s worth the trip to come up here and play this course. But today it was a bit of a lottery as the weather turned really nasty after just five holes. It began pouring with rain and continued for almost an hour. 30% of the players gave up and returned to the club house while the other 70% stayed out and braved the conditions. Although it was very wet underfoot the course was still playable and was drying out by the minute. Unfortunately for those who gave up this course does not adhere to the rain check policy.Of those who stayed out Tony Duthie took the honours with 33 points which was not bad in the conditions. This was the second time this week he has finished in pole position.Near pins went to Fred Land, Tony Duthie (2) and Jason Cole.1st Tony Duthie (20) 33pts2nd Ken Meek (21) 32pts3rd Jason Cole (5) 31pts4th Fred Land (14) 31ptsNote: The Fairways Driving Range and Golf Society is situated at the top of Pattaya Klang on Sukhumvit Road. Anyone wishing to play with us can call into the club house and put their names down on the lists provided or call Scott on 084 389 2379. Transport provided if required. PSC golf from The Fairways Golf SocietyTuesday, July 19, Khao Kheow – StablefordOnce again we arrived at the course to find out we had it virtually to ourselves and as always here it was in good condition. So with a good turn out today we split the field up into two divisions and set off for a very pleasant round of golf. The A flight was taken in great style by Fred Land with 40 points. Fred has only been back in Thailand for one week and this is the third time he has amassed 40 plus points. I can just visualise the handicapper sharpening his scissors right now! Only one other player managed to play under his handicap, Shaun Tracey with 37 points, well played Shaun. Ning Neal also carried on with her good form to finish third.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *